Thursday, October 2, 2008

Veep Debate

It's ten minutes before the Vice Presidential debate. I don't know what's going to happen but I feel like the Lord has been giving me a peace about it. We've had a guest speaker, Justin Alfred, speaking for the School of Ministry this week, and his teaching has had a great impact on the way I look at the Presidential election. He has talked a lot of politics in the midst of the rest of his teaching, and has inspired me to take a deeper look at politics, at least in how I have a part in it in my life. I love to debate politics, I love to research candidates and their stances on issues, and I am very analytical and meticulous in a lot of ways when it comes to issues. I have had a firm belief in my stances on issues, but I've had an imbalance in my prayer life in the fact that I've not spent enough time in prayer of the state of our nation, and the candidates in this election. I've really been praying a lot more and I've been feeling the need to fast for this election. Well, the debate is on, go Palin!

2 comments:

Little mama Rossi said...

Hey how was the debate? David and I missed it due to being at Pookie's play. Look forward to reading your thoughts on it! Daniel saw your Colt's symbol just now, and is saying touchdown! Over and over! We have him trained young! Yeah that Meem of ours, she is a silly one! It was hard not to tell you guys this whole last month! She wanted to show you guys first for some reason, but David saw it by accident, and it was so crazy, it was on a day that we had a pitch in at church and the news spread like wild fire!

Matthew Storer said...

The debate was good. Palin was feisty and down to earth like she is, but it seemed like both of them mostly read from their scripts, and didn't add too much originality. I didn't get to watch all of the debate cause I was at work, but one thing that stuck out to me was when Biden said "I've always supported clean coal", which I'm gonna make a post on. That's funny about Daniel, I miss that little guy! That's so funny about the tattoo. I just saw it a few minutes ago and I personally don't think it's a big deal, I mean, I shouldn't be surprised... It's Mimi, and we love her for who she is!