Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Veep Debate, Pt. 2

So the Vice Presidential debate is now over. I didn't get to watch all of it since I was at work, but what I saw was good. Palin is great, and was on the offense most of the time, while Biden was defending and counterattacking in stride. I don't have time to go into all the details of my thoughts, but I wanted to point out this one thing. Biden was asked about clean coal and whether or not he supports it. He unashamedly said that he has always supported clean coal.

(Quote starts at 1:23)



Palin called him out on this by pointing out that at a recent campaign stop in Maumee, Ohio, Biden said this:



Biden then responded by saying that what he said was taken out of context, and that what he was referring to was that China is burning dirty coal and we should be exporting clean coal technology to China. The video without a shadow of a doubt reveals that this is a total unadulterated lie.

Biden at the debate: "My record for twenty-five years is supporting clean coal technology"

Biden at a campaign stop: "No coal plants here in America"

I'll let you decide, but it's pretty clear to me....

1 comment:

Joni Scott said...

Unfortunatley Matt... very few will ever look into such things to know what a blatant lie it was. Palin did awesome... I loved her stand for Israel, but I don't think much has changed election wise. Your teacher at school sounds great, btw